Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer!

I love fresh fruit.

For the most part, I did not as a child. After all, who wants fruit when you can eat all the other lovely things packed w/ HFCS? Now that I have a much greater appreciation for what enters my mouth (and eat and live much better because of it), many fresh fruits that I had no real interest in before showed up on my radar.

Peaches are a new one for me this year. I, of course, have eaten a peach previous to this year. However, after the crop this season, I seriously wonder if I've ever been eating the right peaches.

I have been eating a number of them fresh, but I decided I'd try to capture their flavor for later this year. As a part of this, I've made 2 peach sorbets in the last 48 hours.




Above we have pictures of both of the peach sorbets I made. The first (top) is a Caramelized Peach Sorbet made with local yellow donut peaches, organic white peaches, rum (for background), sugar, & water. The second being a Fresh White Peach Sorbet again w/ organic white peaches, a hint of rum, sugar and water. Both were about a quart finished product.

Anyone else out there with any fruit favorite this year??

No comments:

Post a Comment